Tuesday, 2 October 2012


We have been making some progress on the Corona Express, as you can tell via some of our pictures. How ever we have a very long way to go, but I'm sure you are getting the idea that this is a dream that is going to happen and not just another fall out dream that you hear about quite alot. I have nearly finished all the frame work on the passengers side, it's only tacked in at the moment though and lucky that's my approach, because I'm not happy with where I've positioned the front side window, just abit to high and needs to drop down to the front windscreen level.

Tuesday, 18 September 2012

One side nearly ready for sheeting !!!!

Will be back soon.  check out our photo page.


Well it's been another month or two since the last update,  but trust me I haven't been relaxing. While concentrating on all the frame work lately I had also come to realised that I should turn my attention to the preparation of the up keep of the exposed chassis, engine and the alike. So I thought I'd prepare the chassis for a coat if paint, a quick but truthful pressure clean and a bit of wire brushing before a coat of metalfix

Friday, 13 July 2012

Campervan & Motorhome Club of Australia

Andrew & Rachel Hayden are now members of the CMCA.
# W78325

We look forward to meeting and talking to members of the club, sharing each others views,experiences and opinions. We also hope fellow members will enjoy reading our motorhome project blog and will follow our long road ahead.

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Rear Engine Door Installation !!!!!

A.C.P weighted down with objects
Well as you are aware, we had fabricated the frame work whilst awaiting the adhesive on the rear apron to set. So I don't have any pictures of this part even though it is basically a square frame and is measured to fit the rear recess that accesses the engine bay. I did how ever welded in some supports where the two locking handles were to be fitted, these locking handles and the gas struts were purchased through eBay and at a good price, the piano hinge was sourced through the local hardware store. Once I had the main frame welded up and checked for square (very important) I then did some prep work on the welds, like grinding them flat where the A.C.P was to be secured, again I use sikaflex to secure it down and used objects to apply even weight all over the

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Long Awaited Return, The motorhome That Is !!!

Well on my last write up I'm sure I wrote I'd be letting you know very shortly of how the progress was going, But I had to drop tools on the bus and finish another project that I was slowly doing on the side. This is a Toyota Hilux, 2000 model that I had picked up off the boss, it had been in a slight front end accident and was in need of some repair. Any how my dear grand dad thought it would be a great little car for him, instead of his F250 that he has owned for the last 32 years.

Sunday, 1 April 2012

Rust Removal !!!

Rust removal
Rusted section, whole underside is hollow !!
Another couple of hours on our project doing some more rust removal. We had already pre-fabricated the 50x50 shs to replace the rusted section o

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Motorhome rear section taking place !!!!

Motorhome Project
Preparing to cut out some more rust

Well the whole Family has been abit crook this week, but i still managed to slip in a few of hours in this week end to work on the motorhome. It's quite amazing how much you can get done in only
Motorhome Project
Some new framing in

Friday, 23 March 2012

The floor plans !!!!

Here are a couple of similar floor lay outs that we have in mind, these are fifth wheeler designs found on the web but are near what we pictured. There will be some differences as

Monday, 19 March 2012

Day out @ the Caravan and camping show

Well, We headed off at about 10:30 am to visit the Caravan and camping show at the Claremont Show grounds, we battled the hectic Perth roads,

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Caravan and camping show perth

Just thought I'd remind you of the caravan and camping show this weekend at Claremont, Perth.We will be attending on Sunday 18th, should get some great ideas and advice I reckon, can't wait.

Monday, 12 March 2012

The motorhome conversion starting !!!!!

Rv Motorhome project
The rear apron cut off
Rv Motorhome Project
Some rust treatment
Well after purchasing the bus we decided to get in a heavy haulage tow truck for the delivery home, as we thought it wasn't quite roadworthy for the drive, even though we would of had good air con, lol. In saying this the old girl starts first time every time and is mechanically good. Any how we started with a rust treatment on one side of the bus and left the areas that needed replacing as can be seen in the pics. The remaining sheeting and carpet were taken down as well as the original front door,